Report A Concern

How can I raise a child safeguarding concern?

If you have a concern about the welfare of any child or the behaviour of an adult towards any child you should, without delay, contact:

If Nicky is not available or you don’t feel you can raise the issue with her then please the contact county or regional welfare officer:

Alternatively, you can raise the issue directly with a member of the Swim England National Child Safeguarding Team:

  • Joanne Garey, National Safeguarding Officer
    Email: [email protected]. Tel: 01509 640 252
  • Jenni Dearman, National Child Safeguarding Manager
    Tel: 01509 640 274
  • Keith Oddy, Independent Child Protection Officer
    Email: [email protected]. Tel: 07985505549
  • Swimline – this is the Swim England/NSPCC Child Protection Helpline on 0808 100 4001

In an emergency

If you believe a child has been harmed or may be at immediate risk of harm, and you are unable to contact your welfare officer or the Swim England safeguarding team please make immediate contact with an appropriate agency, such as:

  • The Police
  • Children’s Services
  • Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
  • Local Authority Designated officer (LADO)
  • NSPCC Child Protection Helpline

Take the name and contact details of the person you have spoken to, plus the incident / referral reference number (if applicable) so you have a record of the advice they give.

Then report this to the club welfare officer and the Swim England safeguarding team the next working day.

How can I raise a non-child safeguarding concern?

Please contact the club chair or secretary if you have a concern such as:

  • club constitution disputes
  • club governance disputes and voting rights
  • breaches of the Code of Ethics and Codes of Conduct
  • breakdowns in communication and disputes between members at the club
  • disciplinary matters

All Swim England affiliated clubs must follow the Swim England Judicial Regulations for internal club disputes, so we will advise you of the steps that must be followed to resolve your complaint or concern.

If you are not happy with the actions being taken to resolve your complaint, you can seek advice from Swim England by contacting Kerry Moss, Judicial Office Manager on 0161 244 5345 or [email protected].

Further information for Swim England members on this area can be found on the Swim England Members site.